- What materials do you use to make labels and ribbon?
The personalised woven labels provided by wunderlabel.co.uk are Damask labels with polyester threads which produce quality, detailed labels with a clean tight weave. The final product is a customised clothing label of professional appearance, highly resistant and soft to the skin. Polyester is an excellent thread for woven labels as it is known to provide specific advantages over natural fabrics such as durability, high colour retention, colourfast (will not bleed colour onto support), crease resistance, low water absorption and minimal shrinkage at high temperatures. This is the perfect way to add your signature to your garments or other creations.
The printed labels have a shiny look on one side as they are made in so called Sateen, which is a fabric made using a satin weave structure but made with synthetic white yarns such as polyester instead of silk. The sheen and softer feel of sateen is produced through the satin weave structure. Warp yarns are floated over weft yarns to produce a white ribbon onto which we then print an image with either a technique of digital printing or offset printing.
All our gift ribbon is 100% double sided satin. We offer various printing techniques which provide high durability, high opacity and sharp contours to your text and images. We do not make woven gift ribbon, only printed ( offset, serigraphy flat, serigraphy raised (3D), gold or silver foil print and embossed)
- Will the labels fray or get worn out? How is the resistance of the labels?
Our woven labels are made of highly resistant polyester threads which are durable, colourfast and experience minimal shrinkage. They are therefore machine washable at high temperatures and will outlast the garment they are attached to!
The woven labels are tightly weaved and hot cut to the exact dimensions, this technique seals the labels & prevents fraying. Furthermore they will not itch or irritate the skin.
- What is the Order Process?
- You can select your product, personalise the design either by using the features on our site or uploading your own image and order directly online.
- You can pay in advance by Credit Card, Paypal or Bank Transfer.
- After your order is verified and its prepayment confirmed, you will receive an email containing an invoice in PDF format and your order will produced.
- You will then receive a final email upon dispatch of your order
- The majority of the orders are produced within 1 to 2 weeks (6-10 working days), on average it takes about 10 days.
- Postage & package: how does it work and how much does it cost?
We charge a flat fee of £3.00 for postage & package, regardless of weight and size. The majority of orders arrive through Royal Mail with tracking & do not require a signature on delivery. These are small envelopes which tend to arrive within 3-4 working days from dispatch. We entrust the postal service for the delivery of your goods, and in case of larger orders we might decide to use a courier service. We will assist you in the tracking of the parcel should anything go wrong at delivery or postal delay occur.
- What sizes do you produce labels?
Classic Woven Labels - You can design online
We have designed an online label design template which is set to a standard size label (h)1.5 cm x (L)6.0 cm (approx. 9/16 in. x 2 1/2 in.)
This applies to the woven labels like: Classic, Sparkling Text, Care/Laundry
These labels come with no folding but the template is thought through in a way that, regardless of the amount of characters entered, symbols or frame, a little space for sewing along the borders is left for you.
Bespoke Woven Labels - With Own Graphics
Complete flexibility in terms of height/length, you can choose any size you want:
Minimum size: 1.0 cm (approx. 3/8 in.)
Maximum size: 10.0 cm (approx. 3 15/16 in.)
Printed Satin Labels - You can design online
Similarly to the classic woven labels, we have designed online templates, for the printed labels we have 2 types, hence two preset sizes:
- Classic/Care label (h)1.5 cm x (L)7.4 cm (approx. 9/16 in. x 2 15/16 in.) it is a little rectangular stripe
- Textile composition & care label: h7.0 cm x (L)3.0 cm (approx. 2 3/4 in. x 1 3/16 in.) this is a bigger label which can fit up to 7 lines of text and that is meant to be folded in 2 by hand, there is a seam allowance so, once sewn in, the print appears on both sides and it looks like a soft square of 3 cm
Printed Satin Labels - With Own Graphics
The online template for the digital print is made to print onto a white satin ribbon which is cut each 6cm (approx. 2 1/2 in.), so this is fixed, however, one can choose between three tapes of different width sizes:
1.2 cm (approx. 1/2 in.)
1.5 cm (approx. 9/16 in.)
2.0 cm (approx. 13/16 in.)
Gift Ribbon - You can design online
The offset print is made on a stamp of about 13 cm, depending on the amount of text entered, the text sequence which fits once or twice in the stamp, is repeatedly printed on one side only of a double sided satin ribbon from a minimum lenght of 50m to maximum length of 500m and is available in the following width:
Width: 1.0 cm, or 1.5 cm, or 2.0 cm (approx. 3/8 in. - 13/16 in.)
Gift Ribbon - With Own Graphics
From a minimum Length of 200 m for offset and serigraphic print to a maximum of 5,000 meters, you image can be printed online The width of the gift ribbon is available in the following sizes:
Width: 1.0 cm, 1.5 cm, 2.0 cm, 3.0cm or 4.0 cm (approx. 3/8 in. - 13/16 in.)
- What Payment Methods do you accept?
We accept all credit cards which are Visa, Mastercard & Maestro with 3D bank verification. You can also use your PayPal account if you have one, or you can also send money directly into our bank account. Because we sell tailor made goods, we hope you understand that our company policy is to have full payment made in advance, therefore you cannot pay upon delivery.
- Am I required to have an email address?
Yes, an email address is required for order confirmation and communication. You cannot place an order if you do not have a valid email address.
- How should I apply 'Iron On' Labels?
- Place garment on a flat, heat proof surface & ensure the label area is crease free.
- Choose where you would like to place the label
- Remove backing tape from the label.
- Place in correct position and cover with baking paper.
- Set your iron to Cotton – DO NOT USE STEAM
- Check the Care Instruction Label of the fabric to ensure the iron does not damage it.
- Gently iron over the baking paper for 15-20 seconds, slowly moving the iron over the entire label for full adhesion.
- Leave the label to cool for 2 minutes before removing baking paper
The adhesion of the label depends on the fabric it is applied to. Iron On Labels may be machine washed in hot water, to ensure the glue will last, do not wash at temperatures higher than 50-60 degrees
- To which countries do you ship?
UK, Ireland and British Isles, but also France, Italy, Spain, Malta and the UAE
- Do you offer discounts?
Yes, we offer limited special offers through our campaigns which you will find in our newsletters, blog, Facebook page, Twitter & other social media sites. Look out for the discount codes! If you are a loyal customer with 3 or more orders a year, shoot us an email and we will apply an ad-hoc discount on your customer profile. We offer discounts for 2 or more products combined in 1 order:
- For 2 products, the discount is 2%
- For 3 products, the discount is 3%
- For 4 products, the discount is 4%
- For 5 products, the discount is 5%
- When should I choose the 'Pure Colour' option a.k.a.:'Enhanced Colour'?
The Enhanced Colour Option adds an additional layer, the same thread for the background of the woven label is used two times to ensure a pure, bright & intense background colour.
On a standard weave, the dark thread is present behind the light single threaded woven background & this can dull the colour with a tint of the text colour. The Pure colour option is recommended on all bright background colours to maintain its pure colour
This option is highly recommended for woven labels with a light background and a choice of dark threads in the design. The Enhanced Colour option adds a second layer of thread in the background to prevent the font colour to affect the background (i.e. like a second layer of white paint on the wall).
- What is the minimum quantity for this type of orders?
Woven Labels: 100 Labels
The minimum quantity only applies for labels that do not fit our standard specifications found in the design templates for say:classic woven labels. We can streamline the production of standard orders and therefore reduce the minimum order quantity to 50 units because their design fits within certain standard criteria. For example, if you require side folding or middle folding, a labels with more than 2 threads, graphic to weave uploaded by file which needs to be manually checked and mapped on the weave, or a size that is not 15mm x 60mm. Then, is a lot more work for us and we require a minim of 100 labels all the same.
- Do you make a sample for approval first?
Yes, we do sometimes make samples for paid orders, if:
- You are purchasing 3000 labels or more, in which case we automatically do it at no cost
- The total order paid is over 300 GBP and it is requested by a customer
In most cases small orders such as 100-2000 labels are thoroughly checked prior to producing the whole lot and discussed with the customer. If a problem occurs after, we take responsibility for eventual mistake and fix the problem at our own cost. This happens very very seldom, therefore we speed up the production process by making the small orders all in one go and providing post sales support in case of problems. If you are unsure about the quality of our labels, you can order a sample package and you will see that our labels are of extremely good quality.
- What are the requirements for uploading files?
The following file extensions are accepted: JPG, JPEG, TIFF and PDF.
For all our products the minimum resolution should be 300dpi, this means that for each inch 300 pixels are required. If the file is uploaded with a lower resolution, for example 72 dpi, which is for web, it will affect our ability to map the graphic pixel by pixel onto the weave. This might not assure sharp contours when the file contains fine details and hence the accuracy with which we can weave your label. When this happens we contact you.
Woven Labels - resolution example
For Woven Labels you can select the size, for example: 3.0 in. x 2.0 in.
- 3.0 in. x 300dpi = 900 pixels
- 2.0 in. x 300dpi = 600 pixels
=> The resolution of the image in this example should be at least 900 x 600 pixels
Printed Labels - resolution
Printed labels are available in 3 different sizes, the minimum Pixel requirements are as follows:
6.0 cm x 1.2 cm (approx. 2 1/2 in. x 1/2 in.) -> 750 x 150 pixels
6.0 cm x 1.5 cm (approx. 2 1/2 in. x 9/16 in.) -> 750 x 169 pixels
6.0 cm x 2.0 cm (approx. 2 1/2 in. x 13/16 in.) -> 750 x 244 pixels
Right Colours! How do we choose them?
Woven Labels - Colours
- In the Upload Own Image tool the exact colours need to be specified. Pantone codes are clearly stated to ensure it's easy to select the exact colours.
- The amount of colours in the upload file need to match exactly with the amount of selected colours in the tool.
- Shadows, tiny patterns, colour gradients and small text cannot always be weaved. In case of doubt, please contact us. We give more recommendation and lots of help on our blog.
Printed Labels - Colours
For printing the colours for the uploaded file should be set to "CMYK". CMYK stands for Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and blacK. This is a type of colour setting relevant to printing. You can do this for example in Photoshop or other imaging software (further explained in http://www.ehow.com/how_5811400_create-file-cmyk-colour.html).
The smallest character of text ought to be at least 0.2 cm tall. Also make sure that your graphic will fit on the label size that you choose, for example, if you select a square label, make sure to upload a square graphic file which is cropped right, the label comes as you upload it unless we detect an issue and we will fix it with you. If choose to place a rectangle text in a rectangle label, make sure the proportion base/lenght for the logo is same, or almost the same as the label measurements lenght/height, to make the whole thing fit and look right. The Bigger and the Simpler, the Better! You should always leave minimum 3-5mm border space free in your artwork to be able later to sew it well without ruining the appearance of the text close to the tiny border space which is critical for stichinign the label on the fabric. If you request side folding or extra taffetta bits, we will add it on top of your measurements by ourselves, you need not worry about this.
- Which colours are available?
We offer more than 200 colours, easily identifiable by the universal Pantone C colour code. In the Upload own image Tool you can see the Pantone C colour code when you hold your mouse pointer on one of the colours.
Any colour you want as long as the colour setting of the file is "CMYK" (See file requirements for further explanation).
- The colour of the Ribbon is available in more than 200 colours, easily identifiable by the universal Pantone C colour code. In the Upload own image tool you can see the Pantone C colour code when you hold your mouse pointer on one of the colours.
- The uploaded logo/design can have a maximum of 5 different colours.
- Sales Tax
Our company is based in France, Sales tax regulation are under European Law. 20% VAT is charged in France. Our site is European Community VAT compliant, for EU companies with EC registered VAT numbers outside of France, VAT is not charged and reported to the European database of the EC sales list. Companies buying also have the obligation to declare, in their own country, the value of goods purchased with no VAT as part of the European law. VAT-rgistered businesses that trade in goods with other EU member states are required to provide details of these transactions, which are used for statistical purposes. Intrastat is the system used to collect these statistics.
- Tips & Tricks
- Ensure that there is a 'seam' allowance (space on the edges) for sewing your label without inflicting on the design/logo.
- The best result is achieved with high contrast colours. Black background with a dark brown text won't give a nice result.