"Whether you’re making your own clothing or items for resale, laundry labels, also known as care labels, are essential."
Are you curious about how the pros are sewing in laundry labels? Then this technique is for you. The result is a label which lays flat, will not come loose from the inside seam and gives your product a professional finish.
Whether you’re making your own clothing or items for resale, laundry labels, also known as care labels, are essential. Proper cleaning methods ensure a longer lasting product which is always a plus in our book. Composite laundry labels are also beneficial because besides care instructions, fabric content and/or specific company information can also be included.
Follow these simple steps to sew in your composite laundry labels using our video as your guide.
- First, fold your composite laundry label in half.
- Place the folded label on the seam. The label front should be facing down and in the opposite direction to where you want the label to lay (see label placement at the very beginning of the video).
- Sew the label along the seam, making sure to backstitch to secure the stitch.
- Fold the label over to the other side of the seam. The front of the label will now be facing up (at 0:15 in the video).
- Sew along the folded edge and back stitch to secure the stitch.