Infinity scarves are a great accessory that can be worn with any look and, depending on on the fabric, worn in all seasons. Making an infinity scarf is a great beginner project and can be finished up in no time at all. We used a lightweight stretch jersey blend but other fabrics can also be used. We envision a soft flannel for a winter version and a light cotton print for warmer months.
You will need:
- Fabric - our piece measured 180cm x 80 cm
- Coordinating thread
- Sewing needle
- Woven label from Wunderlabel
Our fabric measured 80 cm wide because we wanted the end result to be a fuller scarf. To get an idea of how full your scarf will be, wrap it around your neck and adjust the width and length to suit your needs.
Fold your fabric in half lengthwise with the right sides together and pin the edges together.
Sew in your own label. Customized woven label >>
Sew along the seam - we used a 1.5 cm seam allowance. Remember to backstitch at the beginning and end of the seam.
Turn the fabric: Put one arm through the entire length of the tube you just made. Pull the bottom of the fabric tube up through the bottom of the opening and match up both ends.
Make sure to align the seams. The right side of the fabric will be touching.
Pin the edge. If you’re adding a folded label, pin the label into the seam.
Stitch around the tube, leaving a 7.5 cm gap. Remember to backstitch to secure the stitch at the beginning and end. Using the 7.5 cm gap, turn the scarf right side out.
Tuck the unfinished edges in at the 7.5 cm opening and hand stitch the opening closed using a ladder stitch.
Enjoy your new scarf!
Do You want to save this idea for later?
Simply bookmark the link to this blog post or add it to your "Favourites" so that you can quickly find it in your browser later.
Here is how to save the tutorial:
- On your computer: Click on the asterisk or the three dots in the top right hand corner or on the book icon in the top left hand corner (depending on the browser you use).
- On your Android smartphone: Click on the three dots in the top right hand corner and then on the asterisk.
- On your iPhone: Click the book icon at the bottom and add the link to your bookmarks or book list.