"You can even make this a no-sew project by using fabric glue instead of your sewing machine"
These quick and easy wine bags are perfect to use for hostess gifts this holiday season. The great thing about this tutorial is that the size and fabric can be easily changed. You can even make this a no-sew project by using fabric glue instead of your sewing machine. Nothing gets easier than that!
You will need:
- (2)12”x16” (30x40cm) squares of fabric
- (1) Piece of ribbon or cord per bag
Let’s get started! Fold each piece of fabric in half so that they measure 6”x16” (15.25x40cm). Using a .25” (.5 cm) seam allowance, sew along the long and bottom edge.
To get rid of the bulky fabric, pinch the fabric at the bottom corners and fold them down flat. Sew a line 1.5” (3.5 cm) in from the corner.
Cut off the excess fabric.
Take the fabric piece which will be the outside of your bag and flip it right-side out. Leave the liner of the bag inside-out.
Fit the liner piece into the outside piece of fabric and line up the seams. Fold in the raw edges and pin in place.
Top stitch along the top of the bag to finish it up.
Your wine bag is finished! Add a ribbon around the neck of the bottle to complete the look!
Do You want to save this idea for later?
Simply bookmark the link to this blog post or add it to your "Favourites" so that you can quickly find it in your browser later.
Here is how to save the tutorial:
- On your computer: Click on the asterisk or the three dots in the top right hand corner or on the book icon in the top left hand corner (depending on the browser you use).
- On your Android smartphone: Click on the three dots in the top right hand corner and then on the asterisk.
- On your iPhone: Click the book icon at the bottom and add the link to your bookmarks or book list.