If you want to keep your wardrobe in tip-top shape, you need to understand what different clothing care symbols mean. This is your guide.
YOUR ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO CLOTHING CARE SYMBOLS
- Fabric may be washed using the hottest available water.
- Temperature of the water should not exceed 30C or 85F.
- Temperature of water should not exceed 40C or 105F.
- Water temperature should not exceed 50C or 120F.
- Indicates that you should use a low spin speed.
- Fabric may be machine washed only on the gentlest setting.
- Fabric cannot be safely laundered with any process.
- Fabric may be laundered with detergent or soap and gentle hand manipulation.
Bleaching helps to remove tough stains but it will eventually damage clothing if not used sparingly. Thus, it is very important to read the labels on the garments carefully.
- Any bleach product may be used in the laundering process.
- Chlorine bleach may not be used only color-safe bleach.
- No bleach product may be used.
- A machine dryer may be used on the hottest available temperature setting.
- Machine drying may be used but only at a maximum setting of Low Heat.
- Machine dry at a maximum of Medium Heat.
- Machine dry at a High Heat setting.
- Machine drying may be used but must be set to No Heat or Air Only setting.